Drifting is becoming one of the most popular RC trends in the last few years, and therefore it is crucial to get up to date as soon as possible. It isn’t as easy, however, to go out and buy any RC car and start drifting.
As finding the perfect RC drift car isn’t always straightforward, we have created this guide to help you get all of the information and tips you need to find the ideal model.
We have also collected together a list of the ten best RC drift car models available on the market and will highlight the top three in our Review section for you.
What to Consider
Here are some points you should keep in mind before buying any RC drift car.
- The Ability to Customize. Drifting cars is one of the most customizable areas of RC vehicles. If you are a beginner, then you should look at the models on our list that are ready to drive, but if you are looking to continue to improve you will need to check out all of the customization options available.
- Don’t Get Overwhelmed. It is very easy for a beginner to give up trying to find the perfect drift car due to the vast number of options and specific features.
Our advice is if you are worried about which one is right or if you don’t know if drifting is for you, then opt for the most straightforward model. It should be high quality but not be too focused on speed or tighter drifts; this means you will get the most out of your model before you are ready to trade up.
Top 10 Best RC Drift Cars Comparison
How to Choose a RC Drift Car
RC drift cars are all unique and have a whole range of features that should be looked at. On our list, we have included the best features of each car, and now we will look at these aspects in a little more detail.
- Battery. Many of our models have a quick-change battery option and come with rechargeable batteries. This will reduce the amount of time you spend recharging the car and maximize your driving time.
- Drifts. Any of our products that highlight its ability to perform U-shape and 8-shape drifts have been carefully designed to focus on the control the user has over the way the car moves; this is a perfect choice for those that want to hone their drifting skills.
- 4-Wheel Drive. It is much easier to drift with a 4-wheel drive model and therefore the best RC drift car options will almost always come with this setting.
- Speed. Building up speed before drifting will generate more impressive results. Some of the models on our list are designed for a combination of speed and drifting. These are the models you should look at if you want to push your skills to the limits.
Top 3 Best RC Drift Car Reviews
The RedCat EPX Drift Car is one of the best in its class. It has everything you could want from an RC car but with all of the drifting abilities added in for much more fun. The body is made of polycarbonate, so it is solid and will stand up to some wear and tear. The oil filled shocks are part of the reason this RC car is so good for drifting.
The fact that you can move forward and in reverse doesn’t hurt either. This car requires 8 AA batteries, but the run time is great, so there isn’t a huge added cost. It is recommended to get rechargeable batteries for this model that you can switch in and out because you will want to drive a lot.
The car is very well made and considering the way that you can get the car to drift; it is a very good investment. This is the best RC drift car to get re-acquainted with drifting or to try it out for the first time.
If you want better control and durability, then the HPI Racing 111664 E10 Mustang Drift Monster Energy is a great RC drift car; this is a model that will really make drifting more fun. Whether this is the first drift car you are investing in or one that you are adding to your collection, it is a solid buy.
The car itself does sit low to the ground as the result of the Mustang design; this means that you have to be careful on driveways and in the garage as a crack might have a big effect on how the car can be controlled.
One of the best things about this model is the fact that it is flexible. You can drive it as is without issue and then you can make modifications as you become more skilled and need the car to withstand more tension.
The Exceed RC 1/10 Electric DriftStar is the total package when it comes to RC drift car racing. It is a four-wheel drive system and has a powerful motor. This combination lets you drive exactly as you want to without being limited by the system you are working with.
The high-performance front and rear differentials also make all of the difference. You will be able to drift on more surfaces and do so more easily. It is a good car for beginners in that sense.
Even though it is easy to drive, it is also a thrill for those that have loved RC drift car driving too as the quality of the car is higher. There is the option to add modifications, but it really isn’t necessary as the car comes ready to go.