"This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links."
It is often with the simplest products that consumers make the most mistakes when making a purchase. With flashlights this happens so frequently that we have worked hard to construct a table of the highest performing models on the market.
Most people will think: “It is just a flashlight, how could I go wrong?” It is actually surprising how many flashlight models don’t perform the basic functions that you would assume a flashlight must do. To help you avoid being caught with a cheap and useless model we have also provided some tips to making your final decision.
It’s All in the Details
When it comes to something as simple as a flashlight the quality can be found in the small differences between each model.
- Lumens. AAA flashlights are usually small but this doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice brightness. The way that a light source is measured is in lumens. The full description of what a lumen is can’t be placed here due to space but, in terms of flashlight basics, the higher the lumens number the brighter the beam.
- Weight and Shape. The best AAA flashlight is one that fits your needs perfectly. They all have similar pen-like shapes but there are slight differences. Think about what you are using it for and how you will carry it.
- Extras. Many flashlights come with additional features such as: anti-roll heads, strobe effects, various light intensities and different light colors.
- Lifetime. Usually this is up to the batteries but the best AAA flashlight models will provide an idea of how long they will last and you can factor in how often you would be changing the batteries.
Top 6 AAA Flashlights Ultimate Comparison
What to Look for in Good AAA Flashlights
Above everything else you should carefully think about how you are going to use your flashlight. Choosing the lumens, shape, extras and everything else will be in relation to the specific use. For example, longer lifetimes are better for hikers and campers and greater lumen counts with directed beams are better for inspecting machinery, plumbing, etc.
Mistakes to Avoid
- The Brighter The Better. Often this is not the case, if you are using the flashlight for up close work as you don’t want to end up blinding yourself.
- Expensive Models. Don’t assume that if it costs more it will suit your needs better. It might be the case that it is more expensive because the model is specialized for one specific use.
- All The Extras You Can Get. Don’t be drawn in by useless features that you’ll never end up using. There are very few situations we can think of that different settings of strobe effects will be useful.
Top 3 Best AAA Flashlight Reviews
When you need a flashlight to work consistently well then the Streamlight 88039 ProTac is the model for the job. For use as just a flashlight for kids to use in a tent the price might be a bit high but as an emergency flashlight or one that you need to rely on you couldn’t get better value for your money.
One of the best parts about choosing this flashlight is also that the manufacturer offers lifetime warranty on parts and defects, which makes the price of the flashlight even more worth it.
The output of light paired with the stability of this light are very high quality that means the flashlight will provide enough light and last for many years and through a lot of use.
The light and the power that come out of the LE ® CREE Adjustable Focus are incredible. This solidly constructed powerhouse has adjustable brightness and is seriously durable. It can even withstand being submerged in water and it will still work perfectly when it comes out.
These qualities make this flashlight perfect for adding to an emergency kit or having in the car in case of a break down at night. It can easily withstand whatever use you have intended for it and for the price you could not get any better
The UltraFire Mini Cree is great to have around the house as your go-to flashlight. It is small and mighty, putting out enough brightness to see whatever you may be looking for.
There are even settings for higher or lower brightness which make the use of it more flexible. There is also a strobe mode with a higher brightness that would be perfect for using on a night run for safety.
The incredibly affordability make it a great buy when you consider how handy it is. You will not be disappointed with the performance or the quality of this flashlight.