Buying the best 26650 battery generally comes down to how you will use it. While this can make some alterations in regard to which battery you will choose in the end, the overall specs should be of the highest quality regardless of how you will be using the product. One you have found the best batteries, then you can get into the details that will affect your usage.
To help you examine all of the most important aspects of the best 26650 battery, we have developed this helpful guide. You can find some of the most popular batteries on the market as well as tips to help you choose the right one for you.
Things to Consider
- Price. While the quality of any product generally improves as the price gets higher, that does not mean that you will be buying the most expensive one for the best quality. You should determine your budget and the value of the 26650 batteries to you before making a purchase. Even though some of the higher quality batteries will last longer or provide a more consistent power source, you may not be ready to spend $30 on two batteries.
- Use. The rechargeable 26650 batteries are most commonly used for vaping, digital cameras and cordless phones, to name only a few. These items are used more often and thus require more battery changes. If you intend to use the batteries in a device like this then you will need a pair that last for many charges and will charge quickly when empty. If you plan to use the batteries in an emergency kit or flashlight then you should choose batteries that hold their charge better and for longer.
- Power. The power that a battery has is directly related to the voltage. Some devices are made to run on batteries with higher voltages and some with lower while others can run on either with the power of the device being affected. Using the example of a flashlight is the best way to explain the difference. Most flashlights can cope with any voltage but a lower one will mean a dimmer light and a higher voltage will mean a brighter light.
Top 26650 Batteries Chart
Choosing a 26650 Battery
Before you choose which 26650 battery is best for your purposes, you should read some of the most commonly asked questions regarding this kind of battery. This will either give you further insight or refresh you on the specs and what they mean.
- What Is the mAh Mean and Why Does It Matter? mAh stands for milliampere-hours. This means the amount of milliamperes that a battery can provide in the amount of hours specified, which is most often 1 hour. This is basically the capacity that a battery has to hold the power current in an hour. When buying new batteries, the more mAh, the longer the battery will last or the more current it can supply in one circuit.
- How Can I Get the Most out of These Batteries? The key is in the charging that you do. This can either extend the life of the batteries or cut the number of cycles that they are capable of in half. Chargers that can take a battery from empty to full in 4-6 hours are slow, steady and cause no damage to the battery. Those that are faster or are much slower will often overcharge the battery or fail to charge it completely.
Top 3 Best 26650 Battery Reviews
Buying KeepPower IMR 3.7V is one of the only ways to be sure that you are getting a high quality battery that will deliver when you need it to. These batteries have become so popular because they live up to all of the specs that are listed. This is rare in an industry that is full of many less-than average quality batteries.
When these batteries begin to lose power, it will not just slowly fade out. The sagging of the power is much less obvious until the battery is actually empty. This makes using the battery much less frustrating towards the end of the cycle. One of the best aspects of these batteries is also that they will not lose power as they go through more and more power cycles. They will maintain their capacity and voltage through many different charges so the batteries last longer overall.
The ThorFire 3.7 Li-ion batteries are a great option for those that have experience with rechargeable 26650 batteries and those that are just starting to use them to save money and further convenience. These batteries keep a strong charge for a long time. This makes them great to use in a device that needs power frequently like a hunter’s flashlight or a vaping device. For consistency, these batteries are really the best. They can give you strong power with a high mAh so that your device will work perfectly even as the battery begins to lose power. Buying a few pairs of these batteries will save time when one set is charging, though they do not take long to reach full charge again when the right charger is being used.
The DE Rechargeable batteries are a solid choice because they are well built and provide all of the power you would expect from a normal battery. These will go through many cycles so you will save money by using them without even really trying. Add to that these batteries being more powerful with a higher voltage and you really cannot go wrong. These batteries will provide you with the reliable power that you need and for a long time too. You can use them in a flashlight or digital camera and you will have hours of usage.